Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Save The Date...


I met my surgeon today and its official, after over two years of waiting I have been given a date for surgery. On the 11th of March 2013 I will have Corrective Jaw Surgery. I would love to give you the official name but I don’t have a medical degree so I won’t make a fool of myself by trying!! However, it will involve breaking my lower jaw on both sides and sliding it forward so my bite is in the correct position.  For those of you who don’t know, this is what an overbite looks like;





I am very pleased that I will be able to enjoy a solid Christmas Day dinner as opposed to turkey through a straw, woo hoo!
So I’ve got lots of things running through my head right now like being as prepared as possible. I figure the more prepared you are the easier the recovery will be. I am drawing to mind all the tips I’ve picked up from my research and the bits and bobs that others found helpful. I will make this list and go on a scavenger hunt to source them; I’ll let you know how that goes. It does suck a little bit living on the Island of Ireland as some of the stuff I’ve already looked at is not easily available. I will also now begin to look at liquid recipes and let you know how they go.  With a bit of luck I won’t set the kitchen on fire like I did last night…
Here is a link to a youtube video I found during my research… Just watch it, I promise you’ll be laughing out loud!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyR2KNNsxCc
Liz!


No comments:

Post a Comment