On a change of topic I have been making some effort with preparing for surgery. A bit disappointed that I haven’t experimented with liquid recipes yet but I will get there, have just enough time and I found out I have spring break from college the week before surgery which is pretty awesome timing.
I created my shopping list which is as follows:
- Extra Pillows – I read during my research that if you sleep elevated you recover faster.
- Ice Packs – Apparently ice-packs are the way forward with tackling swelling.
- Vaseline – (And lots of it) Dry lips is a very common problem post surgery and due to the lack of feeling in your lips you don’t even notice it half the time.
- Tissues –For the drooling (lol)
- P-jamas –I imagine I’ll be spending plenty of time in these.
- Bottles of Water – This just seemed like something practical for the list.
- Syringes –To eat form (ugh)
- Straws –For post syringe stage.
- Entertainment – To prevent me from cracking up from the boredom.
- Small Tooth Brush –I’m not willing to place an electric tooth brush anywhere near my face for a long time.
- Iron Supplements –I regularly suffer from low iron, last thing I need post-surgery.
So far I have the pillows, tissues, Vaseline, straws, tooth brush and iron supplements.
Here's my Vaseline, I'm slightly obsessed and in love with it..
Here are the iron supplements I am using. I started using them a week ago and will take one a day for a month. These ones are great, my doctor prescribed them for me before and I always feel an instant difference. There are only €2.15 from any chemist, that's only £1.82, $2.87 (US) and $2.79 (Aus), this is where most of my blog views are from.
I will continue gathering the bits I need and let you guys know if I find anything spectacular. I will also post pictures of these infamous hooks when I get them and before pictures closer to surgery time. I have planned an intense week of eating before surgery so I will be sure to let you all know how good it is.
Finally Happy Valentines Days… May love fill your life and chocolate fill your stomach!