Thursday, 21 March 2013

Recovery Day 10...

I've made it to day 10 and I'm beyond excited about that. Today I had to get up at 7.30am to go to the orthodontist which I was excited about as it means moving forward again with my treatment. I still have a gap between my back teeth which was expected before surgery. This is going to be fixed with elastics which I got started on today. They hurt, just like when you get a brace adjustment however pain doesn't really mean anything any more. This is the last trek in treatment and it's simply exciting.

I also got weighed today and I was 9 stone 3 when I entered the hospital and today I am 8 stone 10. I've lost half a stone in 10 days. This isn't too bad I guess.

Today I didn't take any photos as I'm EXHAUSTED. I had been concerned about the early morning as I'm so groggy in the mornings but I got up and went no problem but when I got home I crashed and sleeping and resting all day has not done the trick.

I have decided instead to make a list of all the things that I have used post surgery for anybody doing surgery shopping. Hope it helps.
  • Vaseline (ESSENTIAL)
  • Tissues
  • Water
  • Straws
  • Baby Spoons
  • Baby Toothbrush
  • Ice Packs
In terms of eating.
  • Ice Cream
  • Yogurt
  • Soup
  • Angel Delight
  • Hot Chocolate
This is pretty much all I ate in the first week as it was all I could get into my mouth. I imagine if I had got some calorie shakes I wouldn't have lost as much weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment