Thursday, 14 March 2013

Recovery Day 3..

Last night, for the first time I felt some pain, actually a lot of pain. It feels like it's coming from my ears but I guess it's where the metal was inserted just behind my ears. I found finding a position in bed to be a nightmare, I had to move every 30 seconds. I did manage about 5 hours sleep though.

I woke up this morning feeling a tiny bit better. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and got fresh clothes and all of that has freshened me up a bit so I feel somewhat better. I've also woken up a little bit more swollen today but the surgeon said this might happen. I do recall reading somewhere at some point that day 3-5 is the hardest so if you can get through that you're getting there.

I never mentioned in my last post about numbness. I actually have feeling just about everywhere. The surgeon is confident that I will have no long term nerve damage. I also have really good movement of my lip which is also positive.

I've been using ice packs every 4-5 hours but not to sure they're doing much. I do feel a little better after them though so I'm going to keep going with that.

Here is day 3:




Here is an after & before because I can't seem to put them the other way around. I don't see too much difference yet but so far I'm very happy with the results. It seems it's all gone to plan. I still have a lot of work to make my bite sit together but the hardest part is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment