Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Recovery Day 8...

I have been very lucky and only had one sleepless night to date. Last night I slept a full eight hours again but I am still waking up feeling groggy in the mornings. This can be the case for six weeks or so but it's not a big issue really as I don't have to go to college.

Today I got dressed, did my hair and make-up and drove to the local shop which is only 5km away. The sun was shining and there was a nice crisp in the air, getting out was medicine in itself. Following this I went to the hospital but did get a ride there as it's 40 minutes away. I was seen by another doctor before my surgeon came in. It was hell... This doctor pulled at my cheeks, forced my jaw open and nipped my lip with the scissors to get the elastic open. Even the nurse looked very concerned. I breath a HUGE sigh of relief when my own surgeon came back in. He was awesome. He is very pleased with the results, he says he's very happy with the little swelling and thinks my new look is great. I don't have to go back to him for twelve months.

My orthodontist is going to be looking after my bite from here on in. She will use elastics to pull my back teeth together. I am two days elastic free as I'm not there until Thursday. To celebrate this I had potato and gravy for dinner, woohoo.

I feel that I have lost a bit of weight but haven't had the opportunity to weigh myself yet. My clothes feel slightly looser and I can't help but feel good about this. Here is a photo..




And here are today's photo.. My eyes look a little dark and tired in the photo but they don't really look like that in reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment