Monday, 25 March 2013

Two Weeks Post Surgery..

I'll start by apologizing for my recent lack of daily updates. This was due to extreme exhaustion. I literally at one point couldn't even sit up I was so tired. I guess this is a mix of all the medication and limited diet. I have an appointment with the doctor in half an hour so hopefully I can start a vitamin or some magic pill to help with this. I can't handle being so tired all the time.

It's been two weeks today since surgery and surgery aside my life has changed dramatically in those two weeks. A lot has happened in my personal life that was very unexpected. Dealing with all of it on top of recovery has been pretty tough. However, through determination and desire for a better profile I fought through and I'm incredibly happy with the results. I never expected to be so recovered in just two weeks. I do get pain during the night when I roll onto my right side but this is very manageable.

Eating is really annoying. I still can't chew so I can only eat what I can mush between my tongue and the top of my mouth and it gets tiring. I just give up during most meals cause it's hard work.

So here are today's photographs:



I had to take today's photos myself as I am home alone. So that's why they look a little close up. Also I have found that I'm very nervous about my jaw. I'm very careful not to let anything or anybody hit off it just in case. I wonder if I will always feel this way or if it will fade. Other than that it feels great to look in the mirror and not hate my bite.


2 comments:

  1. Liz, I am so glad that I found your blog tonight. I will be undergoing the same surgery in early June (the plan as of right now anyway!) so I am interested in following your recovery progress. The latest pics look great. Hope you are not as tired now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I really hope my blog helps you on your journey. I am almost three weeks now and I feel fantastic. The doctor prescribed me drinks called ensure which as it says on the tin ensures you get all the relevant nutrients and I'm feeling far less tired now. I'm getting more adventurous with food now too. I will update my blog weekly from now as there isn't much change day to day. If you have any questions I'm happy to answer. Wishing you lots of luck with your surgery and I'll be following your progress :)

    ReplyDelete